Things I learned about Egyptian culture while watching several hours of informative movies on Turner Classic Movies the other night:
- Contrary to the descriptions of Egyptologists, tombs of the pharaohs were a cluttered feng shui disaster, not a well-prepared setting for the afterlife. And there were LOTS of cobwebs.
- We are frequently told that Egyptians were much smaller than modern people. However, a quick review of mummy movies shows that most Egyptians were at least 7 feet tall.
- Despite the fact that a tomb has been unopened for centuries, there will always be a tarantula crawling around somewhere.
- Mummies want to be left alone.
- Bullets will not stop a mummy. Duh.
- Hieroglyphs etched on the floor are technically known as loweroglyphs.